RE: skipping file `...', as it was replaced while being copied

> From: Eric Blake
> On 01/11/2011 06:50 AM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
> > knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
> > $ cp /cygdrive/q/knellis/xyz .
> > cp: skipping file `/cygdrive/q/knellis/xyz', as it was replaced while
> being copied
>
> cp is different than tar.   Downgrading tar won't help cp complaining
> about unstable inodes.
>
> Have you tried the latest cygwin1.dll snapshot, which has some patches
> to work around at least one additional broken file system beyond what
> 1.7.7 supported?  And if that still causes the warning for you, then we
> need more details about your file system (/usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo
> /cygdrive/q).

Curious why you put me on the tar path when my problem was originally
stated as being with cp. Regardless, the latest snapshot does not
change the result. Here are the current results, and "cygcheck -svr"
output is attached.

knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
$ cp /cygdrive/q/knellis/xyz .
cp: skipping file `/cygdrive/q/knellis/xyz', as it was replaced while being copied

knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
$ uname -r
1.7.8s(0.234/5/3)

knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~