Re: skipping file `...', as it was replaced while being copied

On 1/10/2011 8:55 AM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
From: Eric Blake
On 01/07/2011 01:06 PM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
Using Cygwin 1.7.7, the following behavior started recently,
but I can't think of any change that may be the culprit:

I can. Most likely, you recently ran setup.exe and upgraded tar.

Indeed. :-)

Upstream tar includes a patch to make it more picky about stat()
structures changing behind the scenes, that older tar was ignoring.
Which in turn is exposing (yet another) buggy file system that cygwin
needs to be taught how to work around.

I'm guessing that the tar patch patched more than just tar because: 1) I wasn't invoking tar, just cp; and 2) after downgrading tar to 1.23-1, the behavior persists.

How should I downgrade to previous (working) behavior?

Rerun 'setup.exe' and click on the version next to the tar package until you see the previous one display. Continue from there.

--
Larry