Re: Problem with fork() in latest snapshot

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 11:38:42AM -0600, Heath Kehoe wrote:
>On Dec 7, 2010, at 9:55 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I ran the test case in a loop on my Windows XP system under various
>>conditions - no load, load, no load with most services stopped.  I
>>couldn't reproduce the problem.
>>
>>I also tried on a virtual system running Windows 7 64-bit and couldn't
>>duplicate it.
>>
>>So, I'm currently stumped.  I guess I'll try to add some
>>instrumentation to catch the case where this fails.
>
>That's odd, the test case was failing for me on Win7 x64, x32, and x32
>under virtualization.
>
>FWIW, the test case is apparently working now on the latest snapshot
>(tried 20101212).  But if I run it in strace, there's still an
>exception message hidden in the output:

I did manage to finally duplicate it which is how I tracked down the
problem.  I'll be doing some more tweaking soon.

>I'll attach the trace output of the testcase running under the latest
>snapshot.

The exception is harmless and expected.

Btw, please don't send unsolicited strace output to the mailing list.
It uses a lot of bandwidth and is rarely useful.

cgf