Re: skipping initial setup screens for existing installation with setup.exe?

>On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Jeremy Bopp <jeremy@bopp.net> wrote:

> Run setup.exe --help for a full list of command line options. ?The
> option you want is -M.

Hello Jeremy -

Thanks for your help :)

I had tried the -M option, but got no window. Perhaps there's another
problem that's causing my symptoms.

I'm using Windows Vista. I have a shortcut on the desktop that
launches setup.exe. I've tried both the -M and --help switches, with
and without 'Run As Administrator' checked, but I get no window.
However, the shortcut works ( the window appears with the initial
screen) when I remove the switches.

I also tried the switches in cmd, both as and not as Administrator,
also with no windows appearing. But again, the setup window launches
okay when I use no switches.

Also I had noticed that the -M switch is not listed in the FAQ
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup.cli