Re: R: Question about cygwin installation and folder permissions

>> wrote:
>> > Greetings, Marco Atzeri!

>> > To add:
>> > Strongly advised against paths with spaces or national
>> letters.
>> >

>> Again I was not very clear I don't want to know how to
>> install cygwin
>> because even a monkey can do it.
>> No what I want to know is in the installer how do you
>> change folder
>> permissions,
>> what kind of API, is it done by the installer or by some
>> post install
>> script...
>> Where can I find cygwin installer sources if it's done by
>> it.
>
> http://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/setup.html
> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/setup/?cvsroot=cygwin-apps
>
>> Actually I built a custom installer for msys/mingw-w64 and
>> when I
>> install it
>> in C:/Developer/MaxGW, if I run it without permissions I
>> cannot create
>> new folder :
>>
>> mkdir: cannot create directory `/home': Permission denied
>> cp: cannot create regular file `/home/Vincent/.inputrc': No
>> such file
>> or direry
>> bash: cd: /home/Vincent: No such file or directory
>>

>> It means I usually have to run my application using
>> administrator
>> rights but
>> I don't like to do this.
>> Cygwin seems to allow user to create folder inside its
>> installation
>> path so
>> I would like to know how it's possible.
>>
>> Thanks

Ok thanks.
Maybe you should update README :

First I have installed all the required packages then you should change
the command line

2) Configure using the following set of options.
   $ ./configure -C --disable-shared --host=i686-pc-mingw32 \
       --build=i686-pc-cygwin CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++
-mno-cygwin"

Indeed -mno-cygwin is not available anymore.

Then when I remove those parameters I get a configure error :
configure: error: missing prerequisites:  libbz2 liblzma libgcrypt
but those packahes have been installed.

When I looked at configure.log I am not sure the right compiler is
selected :

configure:2893: checking for i686-pc-mingw32-g++
configure:2923: result: no