Re: ioctl() on socket fd's take 3 seconds on 1.7.7

On Nov 23 14:10, Jason Curl wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> > On Nov 22 21:29, Jason Curl wrote:
> > > The actual delays are caused by SendARP() called from get_xp_ifs().
> > > Interestingly enough, it isn't always slow, only sometimes.
> > > [...]
> > Ok, so SendARP is kind of a problematic call.  As you can see from the
> > source code, it's only called to set the IFF_NOARP flag.  Probably
> > that's a bit over the top.  What about just disabling this code?
>
> I'll try this out on my next opportunity. I personally have no need for
> IFF_NOARP.

Actually, after reading a bit about this flag, the usage in Cygwin
seems to be wrong anyway.  I applied a patch so that IFF_NOARP is
only set for PPP and SLIP devices, so the call to SendARP is gone.
Please test CVS or the next developer snapshot.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat