Re: cygwin-1.7.7: tclsh84 does not pass environment to exec sub-process

Hi Stas,

This may help you. I had the need to compile a more recent version of expect on cygwin for my open source project expect-lite. Expect is built on TCL, and I used the most recent version 8.5.9.
http://expect-lite.sourceforge.net/expect-lite_cygwin.html

I have put the recent version of expect up at:
http://expect-lite.sourceforge.net/cygwin/cygwin_expect_5_45.tar.gz

Alas it is not a cygwin package yet, just a tarball. You will want to untar in from /
There is no tclsh executable, but there is an executable expect, which includes all the tcl stuff as well.

This will give you an idea of tcl version 8.5.9 will solve your environment problems.

good luck,

Craig...