Re: Win7 64bit, why so slow?

Hi Reini,

> I have a similar laptop here. Ultrafast new Win7 laptop with latest cygwin,
> but 32bit only.
> cygwin is slower than on XP but not THAT slow.
> 64bit is reported to be slower but not THAT slow.

But it is that slow here, make on xmlroff-0.62 is still running now
after 17 hours ;)

> Maybe you are accessing network paths (// prefix)?
> Try disabling the network, cards or service.

Well, I have this wireless adapter to connect to internet, but this
should be not a problem, I have also no network paths attached.

Norton Security is running, this may well be a problem, I'll try to
disable this for now.

Gerrit