Re: 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) - Cannot change mode of file, and other permission issues on a Windows fileshare

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Corinna Vinschen> Nevertheless, are
you really sure you tried the "noacl" mount option for
> this share? ?The "noacl" option results in trying to open the file a
> second time, with just the READ_CONTROL and FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES access
> rights. ?This should work in most cases.

Hi Corinna,

Here is the /etc/fstab file with a line to mount Z: with noacl.  The
computer was shut down and rebooted twice.

The line as written below made no difference, still getting the same
errors and failures when checking files into RCS on the network share.
 I've moved the work directory to the local hard drive and RCS
checkins and checkouts work fine.

Do I have the correct syntax for the Z: line below?

cat /etc/fstab
# For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
# http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

Z: /cygdrive/z ntfs binary posix=0 user noumount auto noacl 0 0

=====Keith