Re: 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) - Cannot change mode of file, and other permission issues on a Windows fileshare

On Sep 24 15:21, Keith Christian wrote:
> Corinna, sorry, no change after loading the new cygwin1.dll.  Here is
> command output and a trace file as I sent earlier this morning.

The trace file shows the exact same result as before.  NtCreateFile
still returns STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED when trying to open the file for
writing the new ACL.  Note that Cygwin now requests the absolute minimum
of access rights required to chmod a file:

  READ_CONTROL
  WRITE_DAC
  FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES

There's nothing I can do in Cygwin.  The settings on the server are
not sufficient for this functionality.

Nevertheless, are you really sure you tried the "noacl" mount option for
this share?  The "noacl" option results in trying to open the file a
second time, with just the READ_CONTROL and FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES access
rights.  This should work in most cases.

Corinna

Red Hat