Re: 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) - Cannot change mode of file, and other permission issues on a Windows fileshare

On Sep 23 10:05, Keith Christian wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote
> > Is that a remote drive?  If so, did your admin set the share mode to
> > "Change" rather than using "Full Control" and set appropriate NTFS
> > permissions?  If so, either harass your admin to revert this to "Full
> > Control" and useful NTFS permissions, or try to mount the share with
> > "noacl" mount option.  For the mount options, see the User's Guide at
> <stuff deleted>
>
> Thanks, Corinna - the drive in question is a remote drive, my Windows
> home share.
>
> Neither suggestion had any effect.
>
> I'm wondering if anything Cygwin-related in the Registry may have
> changed somehow, since that's the only other place I know of where
> settings reside.

By default there are no Cygwin settings in the registry anymore.  There
are still the "heap_chunk_in_mb" and "heap_slop_in_mb" values, as well
as the entries in the "Program Options" subkey.  But they only exist if
you created them yourself.

> Our Windows Administrator has made no changes to the file server, and
> he's quite competent, so nothing has changed there.

Does a call to chmod fail as well?  If so, can you create an strace of
such a chmod, like this:

  $ touch foo
  $ strace -o chmod.trace chmod 444 foo

and send the chmod.trace file to the list?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat