Have idea for titlebar tweak -- need help with syntax

I'd like my terminal title bar to show my current working directory, the running process (with a fall-back to the active shell when idle) and the word "Cygwin."

I have an old .bashrc file in which I collected code for the middle bit (running process), but putting the three together and making them work regardless of $TERM type is a challenge that's more than a little 'beyond my ken.' Nevertheless, as I think it would look great and be sufficiently informative at the same time, I'd like to pursue it.

I haven't given up totally on rxvt: mintty has more than a few shortcomings imo, but I suspect a large part of that is that I'm not used to using an xterm variant outside of X or GNOME. Anyway, all of that is for another email.

Where it meets at odd angles with this idea, is in that I suspect if I start with "tweaked" xterm settings that check out in rxvt, the strictly X syntax will work in mintty. In a sense, by going that route, I'll be 'ahead of the game' instead of 'trying to catch up.'

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Steve W.