Re: how to enable the very convenient copy/paste editing method in Cgywin?

On 22 September 2010 13:51, Csaba Raduly wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Andy Koppe Âwrote:
>> On 22 September 2010 11:11, Csaba Raduly wrote:
>>> I just tried Ctrl+Tab and the mintty window simply disappeared,
>>> leaving the shell process (bash or ssh) behind without a window
>>> (visible or otherwise). :(
>>
>> Uh oh. Works fine for me of course, so here's a load of questions:

Thanks for all the additional information. Unfortunately I can't
reproduce the issue on Vista yet either. Could you send me your
.minttyrc to take out another variable?

>> - What versions of mintty, Cygwin, and Windows were you using?
>
> mintty 0.8.3

Installed via setup.exe, from .zip, or built from source?

> CYGWIN_NT-6.0 EV0017A4D11749 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) 2010-08-31 09:58 i686 Cygwin
> Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] , that is, Vista SP1
>
>> - Are any 3rd party window/taskbar/tray management utilities involved?
>> AutoHotkey?
>
> Nothing I can think of, except maybe Rainmeter.

Hmm, that replaces the whole desktop, right? Could be relevant. If
it's not too much trouble, could you try disabling it briefly to check
whether that makes the crash go away?

>> - Did you confirm that the mintty process had died, or could the
>> window just have been hidden?
>
> Netcr^H^H^H^H Process explorer confirms it: the process is gone.
>
>> - How many mintty windows were open at the time? Were any of them minimised?
>
> Four, initially; fewer and fewer afterwards :)

:)

> They were all maximized one behind another.
>
>> - Can you reproduce the problem?
>
> Yes, it's still happening.
> mintty 0.4.4 from Cygwin 1.5 is unaffected. It just flashes and puts
> 5I on the commandline.

Yep, the window switching shortcut was only introduced in 0.7, so in
0.4 you're just getting the keycode. Bash doesn't know it and
complains via the bell. Same thing happens with other unmapped
keycodes.

Andy