Re: where was mention of what creates NUL files?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Note: Don't use DOS device names in Cygwin!

Wrong:

     $ echo foo>  NUL
     $ echo foo>  nul
     $ echo foo>  nul:

Right:

$ echo foo> /dev/null

Yes, I know. I'm not using NUL (or nul or nul:, etc.), but something is.

(Now I'm thinking that it's an NTEmacs problem (perhaps thinking it's
running commands in a Windows/DOS shell rather than knowing it's
running them in Cygwin bash.).)

Daniel