Re: Cygwin + Python: unable to remap

2010/9/17 Mark Geisert:
> Al writes:
>> >
>> > This one is below the sixty million value that Reini described as
> suspicious.
>>
>> Now what do I make of that. Do I tell it to be loaded elsewhere? Any
>> helpful link?
>
> You want 'rebase' from the 'rebase' package. ?Use setup.exe to install it
> if you don't have it already. ?After installation, it's documented in a
> text file /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/rebase*README.
>
> You get to choose the base address to rebase the dll to. ?'rebaseall',
> from the same package, defaults to seventy million (= 0x70000000) so that
> could be good.
>
> If you've built other dlls in the same directory you might as well run
> rebase or rebaseall on all of them to avoid future issues of this type.

It's not that simple :)

rebaseall only rebases the exact dll's which were installed from your
packager (setup.exe),
but not any other dll's used at run-time - shadowing system dll's as
in your case, or added dependencies as with perl or python.

python or perl are favorites adding additional dll's to your run-time
because you
can and should simply add external library bindings by yourself.

In your case the simpliest fix would be to remove your /home/prefix/gentoo...
prefix from your path.
Or, if you have to, rebase your added dll to the same address as the original.

imagebase:
objdump -p $1 |grep ImageBase |cut -c12-
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/? ? ? ? ?? http://murbreak.at/