Re: ***Fatal error couldn't allocate heap win 32 error 487***

2010/9/10 Larry Hall (Cygwin):
> On 9/10/2010 3:14 PM, Sridhar Balasubramanian wrote:
>> For the past few days, i have been facing this particular problem with
>> cygwin:--
>>
>> I have a perl script to convert .pgm files to .tif file. It used to be
>> working perfectly fine through cygwin bash shell. However, couple of days
>> back it stopped working and throws the following error:
>
> Since this is perl-related, I'd say start with perlrebase.

perlrebase is generally not needed when you already did a successful rebaseall.
It' just faster and also rebases cpan installed site_perl dll's which
are not covered
by rebaseall. Only such a new dll can cause a conflict. You can fix
these by perlrebase

Note that there is a known bug with perlrebase, and the new version is still
in internal testing.
See http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2010-07/msg00146.html

Does it work if you close heavy MS programs, like internet explorer and such?
--
Reini Urban