cygwin-1.7.7-1 setup.exe errors and cygwin.bat/bash anomalies

I get quite unique experiences with the new update. First, it didn't like to fulfill the dependencies, though it did state they were needed. To somewhat explain what I mean, I would do the very basic install and it would say that some files are required, but wouldn't install'em. Some reason, that's gone, but it's nicer-but-still-evil brother is here. This time around the new setup.exe continues after saying there is an abnormal exit code "-6", where as the other brother just said eff you and exited.

The truely unique portion is yet to come! The nicer-but-still-evil brother likes to fart around with the directory it starts in when I change directories in Double Commander (open source Total Commander). This never happened in the earlier version of Cygwin. To explain this, I open one tab to Cygwin and before I run the startup batch script, I could change to another tab and maybe get some music playing, then go back to Cygwin and run the batch script; volia! I now start in the folder with the music. Happens all the time. On the same point, in the earlier version of Cygwin my changes still started me in the home directory, but now if I just open Cygwin (instead of changing directories) I'm in the root folder. Not a "big" deal, but still out of the norm!

Now time for how I go about choosing my options from setup.exe because I know you all would like'em; install from internet -> "...Desktop\cygwin\cygwin-x" with All Users -> "...Desktop\cygwin\cygwin_local" -> Direct Connection -> ftp://mirrors.kernel.org -> ALL BASIC, NOTHING DONE HERE -> detects error, but click to continue.

That's all I did. I would like to know if anybody has/had a similar problem before I (figure out how to send a) bug report. Thank you, have a nice day.