Re: OpenGL linking problems

David Doria wrote:

> Hi André,

Hi David,

> I think I'm trying to build an X11 application - I'm trying to use a
> library called VTK (http://www.vtk.org/). I don't believe it uses
> glut, and I do see a bunch of X11 options in the CMake files. Even if
> there is no support for hardware acceleration with this method, it
> should still build, right?

For X11, you need at least the following packages:libGL1, libGL-devel;
and possibly libGLU1 and libGLU-devel. Ask questions at cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
if you need help with these.

You should link with /usr/lib/libGL.dll.a by using -lGL

> I do have C:\Windows\System32\opengl32.dll .

Expected; it comes with every version of Windows since Widows 98!

> I should also have the
> w32api package because I installed all of the cygwin packages.

That's no use for an X11 app.

> Any other thoughts of things that would causes these linking errors?
>
> Thanks for your help so far,
>
> David

- André Bleau, Cygwin's opengl package maintainer.

Please send any question or comment about the opengl package to cygwin at cygwin dot com,
not directly to me.