Re: 1.7.7: Cannot unmount certain user bind mounts

On Sep  3 17:19, John Carey wrote:
> A user mount whose only non-default option is "bind"
> cannot be unmounted if its target is a system mount;
> please see the end of this email for a test case.
>
> It looks to me as if the MOUNT_SYSTEM bit is copied from
> the bind target by mount() in winsup/cygwin/mount.cc.

Right.  I fixed this in CVS.  I also fixed the problem that bind mounts
in the user's fstab file were preserving the targets MOUNT_SYSTEM flag.
And while I was at it, I found that `mount -a' also adds the
MOUNT_SYSTEM flag if the added mount is from /etc/fstab.  That wasn't
intended either.  Every mount added via mount(2) is supposed to be a
user mount.

Thanks for the testcase,
Corinna

Red Hat