Re: Setup.exe bug: leaving .new files uninstalled

René Berber wrote:

> I seem to remember there was something at least similar reported, but
> since some of those files are recent it looks like the error, if it was
> the same, is still present.

Additional info...

The old bug was "Setup 2.693 unable to replace files through reboot".
Currently I have version 2.721, but as I said, just by looking at the
file's date this has been happening with several versions (setup changed
at least twice last month).

I don't have "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations" on my registry, and
FileRenameOperations is empty.  None of the other suspect causes named
on the thread about the old bug applies (i.e. no network drives, access
to the registry is as a member of Administrators group, no dynamic volume.)
--
René Berber