Re: How to get a script file to use bash and ssh

On 9/2/2010 2:36 PM, Heath Kehoe wrote:
>  On 9/2/2010 2:10 PM, PaulHR wrote:
> That's all more complicated than it needs to be. Just make windows
> shortcuts to c:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe, where "Start in:" is set to
> c:\cygwin\bin, and modify "Target:" to contain "C:\cygwin\bin\ssh.exe
> username@hostname" (without the quotes of course).
>
> Better yet, install mintty if you don't already have it, and set the
> shortcuts' target to: "C:\cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -e /bin/ssh
> username@hostname"
>
> (Mintty is a much better term window than cmd.)

I was going to suggest much the same things to start; however, there
could be issues with home directory settings (necessary for locating the
private ssh keys).  It might also be good to eventually work in the ssh
agent so that the need for passwords can be reduced.

BTW, if you only need Cygwin for connecting to remote hosts with SSH,
you might find Putty to be a better fit for your needs.

-Jeremy