Re: 1.7.[67]: getting bash prompt takes > 50 seconds

Am 02.09.2010, 04:30 Uhr, schrieb Mark Callow:

Hi Andrey,

Did you tried to *uninstall* bash-completion?
I have now. Surprisingly (to me) it worked. The time-to-prompt has
dropped to ~5 seconds on one of the machines and ~8 seconds on the
other. Both are still too long but a vast improvement over 50 seconds.

You can open a cmd.exe terminal window and type "bash --login -x" (or -xv) to figure if it spends a particularly long time in a certain area of the .bashrc execution, however, Cygwin is indeed a lot slower than Unix when shell scripting, because creating Unix processes is very costly in Cygwin, and that is an operation that happens a lot in shell scripts...

--
Matthias Andree