Support for the TIOCINQ ioctl

By any chance, has support for the TIOCINQ ioctl on file descriptors (used to check how many bytes of data are in the input buffer) been added to Cygwin? It hadn't as of 2004:

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2004-07/msg00910.html

...but I haven't found any newer references to it. I'm inferring that it's not supported, as ioctl(fd, TIOCINQ, &available) (where fd is a valid file descriptor, and available is a long) fails, with errno set to 'invalid argument'. I'm running Cygwin 1.7.6 on Vista.

I'm hoping I'm missing something... Is there an alternative way to check the number of bytes on an fd's input buffer in Cygwin?

Thanks,

-Brennan