Re: How/Where do I get an older version of Cygwin?

Larry,

Again, I agree. I'm between a rock and a hard place here. I have to prove it's not the current version of Cygwin (also read *free*) and new hardware (read *costs them some money*).

I have related to you and others at Cygwin user list both of my issues of cron possibly causing a system fault and can't kill the ssmtp dead.letter running over.

I will pass along that I'm on my own with the regression to the older version. Perhaps that'll wake them up... I dunno. I'm just in the middle.

Thanks again for your support and assistance.

Blaine

Blaine Miller wrote:
Larry,

I agree with you 100%. I'm getting heat from the folks above me to get Cygwin up and operational. We're using it to scp and rsync files from several linux boxes to a Cygwin-ed Windows 2003 box. Then we run Symantec Backup Exec for Windows to do tape backups of the resulting transferred files.

Nothing I've said seem capable of convincing them that the problem is other than Cygwin. I keep pointing out we've replaced everything excpet the server hardware.

Aside from downgrading and proving that the older version will have the same problems, I have no alternative at this time.

Again, I believe that the new(er) version is the way to go. But I need to kill the cron issue and the ssmtp issue before I can demonstrate that the new version is not the problem and the hardware may be the real issue.

Thanks for your continued support and assistance...

Blaine