Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] NEW: {libtirpc/libtirpc1/libtirpc-devel}-0.2.1-1

On 08/19/2010 11:13 AM, Charles Wilson wrote:
libtirpc is an updated version of the Sun RPC library. As such, it
replaces part of the (orphaned) sunrpc package -- just as on linux, it
replaces the built-in RPC routines in glibc:
    http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/doc/tirpc_rpcbind.php
You should update sunrpc, if installed, to 4.0-4 or above.

The headers are installed into
    /usr/lib/tirpc/rpc/*
and not
    /usr/lib/rpc/

As a consequence, developers must add -I/usr/lib/tirpc when compiling
RPC clients and servers on cygwin. Similarly, linking requires -ltirpc.
However, this is the same procedure used on linux -- so any client
that has already been taught how to accept tirpc on linux will be fine
on cygwin.

(Hmm - libvirt hasn't yet learned how to use tirpc on Linux, since rpc/rpc.h is directly in /usr/include on Fedora as part of glibc-headers; so I had to run 'make CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tirpc LDFLAGS=-ltirpc', but that's an issue for the libvirt mailing list).

Meanwhile, this warning is a bit annoying; and did not happen with the older sunrpc headers. Any chance you can silence them in a -2 release?

In file included from ././remote/qemu_protocol.h:9,
from remote/qemu_protocol.c:7:
/usr/include/tirpc/rpc/rpc.h:84: warning: redundant redeclaration of 'bindresvport' [-Wredundant-decls]
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:21: warning: previous declaration of 'bindresvport' was here
/usr/include/tirpc/rpc/rpc.h:95: warning: redundant redeclaration of 'bindresvport_sa' [-Wredundant-decls]
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:22: warning: previous declaration of 'bindresvport_sa' was here

But in spite of the warnings, I was still able to build libvirt on cygwin after today's upgrade, so good job on the release.