Re: "run" changes behavior with cygwin-17.6

On 18 August 2010 18:16, David Rothenberger wrote:
> On 8/18/2010 10:12 AM, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> On 8/18/2010 11:09 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> Looks like the "run" tool now needs a call to
>>>
>>> Â ÂCYGWIN_CONV_TO_POSIX_PATH ((get_cwd (), win32_cwd));
>>>
>>> and then use win32_cwd in the call to CreateProcess.
>>>
>>> See http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#pathnames-win32-api
>>
>> Yep. run2 also needs a similar update.
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up; I didn't really think about how the recent
>> changes to cygwin's cwd handling would affect those two packages.
>
> I noticed a similar change in cygstart, too. I used to have a script
> that would cd to a directory and then run cygstart. After the upgrade to
> 1.7.6, this stopped working. I had to use the --directory switch to
> cygstart to get the right behavior.

Ouch. This might affect even more cygutils. We really should have
thought of that.

At least there aren't any chdir() calls in any of the cygutils, so it
should primarily be a question of setting the Win32 current directory
in line with the POSIX one at startup, in any of the utils that may
invoke a Win32 function with a relative path. Chuck, do you need a
hand with going through them?

Andy