Re: endless problems with SSHD - bug ??

On 8/17/2010 Larry Hall wrote:
>On 8/17/2010 5:28 PM, Bob Goldberg wrote:
>>

>>I simply want to copy files from 1 pc to another using a script initiated
by
>>either a user or cron entry. Ideally this would happen using scp into a
>>chroot'ed environment.
>
>chroot on Cygwin is completely faked.  Don't use it.  It will cause
>headaches.
>

>As for your problem with ssh <command>, you've apparently missed this
>appropriately titled tidbit in your googling:
>
><http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-07/msg01050.html>
>

>This may just be because you're trying to use 'rbash' as your login shell.
>I didn't test that theory.

Larry - Tx much for your reply...

well even if chroot is "faked" (not sure what that means) - I might still be
inclined to use it...

Unless - is there a way I can LIMIT activity to only "scp"?
AND - prevent accessing outside what would be my "jail"?

I certainly did miss that very well titled document - no wonder my searches
were fruitless!! :-)  I'll check to make sure the path is getting set
correctly. Although, if I get scp running like I want, then I no longer
need/care about resolving this problem....

TIA - Bob