Re: Mounting shares that require passwords

On 8/13/2010 11:24 AM, Steven Collins wrote:
> Is there some way within cygwin to successfully mount a share that
> requires a password. Until I run the "net use" command or other
> Windows application to open the share with the password Cygwin is
> unable to access it. The best I've come up with so far is to run the
> "net use" from my .bashrc. Is there a better way to handle this?

Cygwin doesn't really mount anything.  It just creates a path
translation table which is used to convert POSIX paths into their
equivalent Windows paths.  So if you need to enter a password to access
the share using a Windows program or net use the path first, the same
will be true for Cygwin.

-Jeremy