Change to gnuplot's handling of ^Z and ^C

Hi all,

Recenty I noticed that gnuplot no longer responds instantly to control characters. You have to hit an additional key before they take effect.

So, for example, if I type "^Zdfg\n" I get the following:
gnuplot> ^Z
[1]+  Stopped(SIGTSTP)        gnuplot

[Ryan@scovich] ~/experiments
$ fg
gnuplot
Notice that gnuplot, not bash, got the 'd'...

I've also managed to close my terminal on accident once or twice, but I don't know what exact key sequence did it (it may have had something to do with ^S enabling flow control instead of starting a search in emacs, because the latter failed to come to fg when gnuplot slurped up the 'f').

Maybe it's some strange interaction between bash's readline and gnuplot's? The shell isn't affected, nor are non-readline utilities like cat and emacs.

Thoughts?
Ryan