Re: gcc Cygwin package maintainer

On 08/08/2010 00:00, Jerry DeLisle wrote:

> So I have sjlj backwards.  I will fix that. Then the following I am not
> sure about.
>
> --disable-__cxa_atexit
>
> --enable-static --enable-shared --enable-shared-libgcc
>
> Shall I include these?

  Yes, do.  I think they're mostly the default anyway, but you definitely want
the cxa_atexit one for ABI compatibility of any DLLs you build with static cdtors.

  The --enable-shared stuff gets you DLLs built of all your runtimes, the
--enable-static gets you static versions.  You probably want those DLLs as
well as static library archives, since there are various correctness issues to
do with using shared libraries in your application that can only be solved by
using shared runtimes; it won't affect simple monolithic executables, but
anything you link against shared libraries from the rest of the distro could
break in various interesting ways.

    cheers,
      DaveK