Re: git and openssh issue (eblake?)

Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
cygwin               1.7.5-1        OK
git                  1.7.1-1        OK
openssh              5.5p1-2        OK

I haven't tried the other configurations I mentioned yet, but if there
is someone who has the ability to debug this in more depth, this looks
like a quick and readily reproducible test case.

I checked this out and it looks like something in git is overflowing and scriblling on the stack. I was hoping that it would be a cygwin problem which I could fix (and I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually turned out to be) but I didn't see much evidence of the DLL causing this problem. It looks like it is git itself doing something wrong.

Eric do you have the cycles to check this out?  It is pretty easy to
reproduce.

How did you come to the conclusion that it was a stack overwrite? I would be willing to look at this a bit(not that I know much about git internals). However, it would be helpful if I could see how you came to that conclusion?

Thanks.

-Bill