git and openssh issue

I know this is an old issue. I am wondering if I could help diagnose the problem, or if anyone is working on this issue. The current fix seems to be to use plink and cygwin git. But cygwin git and ssh just do not work together.

http://git.661346.n2.nabble.com/Error-when-cloning-gc-ed-repository-td4425832.html

Basically, it is this random error:
fatal: early EOFs:  47% (657/1396)

Seems like an issue with openssh and not git as using plink fixes the problem. Anyway, with some direction I would be willing to help, I have a very reproducible case of this.

Thanks.

-Bill