Re: pthread_mutex_lock doesn't interrupt

Sorry, I don't have access to the actual POSIX standard, but my
interpretation is based on man pages:

https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/pthreads/man/pthread_mutex_lock.txt

And certainly nowhere have I see "pthread_mutex_lock blocks signals".
The signal we are using is SIGUSR1.  I don't see why the signal would
be deferred since there are no signals being blocked.  Possibly the
first signal gets caught and another one comes while in the signal
handler (where usual that signal should then get blocked) and is
disrupting the processing.

James