Re: cygport patch: suppress libtool fixup step

On 7/5/2010 10:27 AM, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Yaakov:
>
> JonY needs to suppress the "libtool fixup" postinstall step when
> packaging the mingw64 gcc.  He may or may not need to fixup his .la
> files, BUT -- given that we're talking about gcc here, AND his cross
> compiler goes somewhere other than /usr...it's likely that whatever
> "fixing up" he needs to do, will be specific to that package and likely
> unable to re-use the more generic fixup code.
>
> How about this patch?  It seems to work and solves that particular issue
> for mingw64-gcc.

I was just packaging a new version of libao and it turns out I need this
patch, too. libao puts some plugin DLLs into /usr/lib/ao/plugins-2.
Those DLLs are *not* marked as modules for some reason, so cygport tries
to move them somewhere and change the dlname in the .la files.

I'm not sure why the DLLs are not marked as modules, but they are not
marked as such in Debian, either. So, I'm trying to follow the Debian
packaging by including *.la files in the -dev package. To do that, I
need to turn off cygports libtool processing and manually fix the dlname
entry myself.

"Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing."
                -- Karl Lehenbauer