Re: CTRL-Space issue in Emacs under X on Windows XP machine.

Greetings, Steven Collins!

> I'm a long time user of Emacs and expect the CTRL-Space key
> combination to run the set-mark-command. On most machines I use this
> is the case, but on one Windows XP machine running Emacs under X that
> I use at work the key combination doesn't work. On this machine Emacs
> behaves as is I've not pressed any keys at all. I've checked the key
> bindings for the set-mark-command and CTRL-Space is listed (see
> attachments). The CTRL-@ combination does work on this machine, but it
> is not the one I'm used to using for this purpose. Does anyone have
> any ideas what else to check?

System hooks for the same shortcut.
Easiest is to create a new user, login under it and try there.
If nothing changed, look through launched applications and investigate their
purpose and behavior.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...