Re: pty infinite master control thread spawning problem

On 26/05/2010 14:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> I applied a patch to CVS.  It worked for me, but while testing I
> encountered a handle leak in your testcase and, naturally, I thought
> it's my code.  After some tinkering it turned out that your parent
> process neglects to wait for the child process.  Adding
>
>   int status;
>   waitpid (child_pid, &status, 0);
>
> to the parent code removed the handle leak.  Please test the change in
> Cygwin if it fixes the original problem for you.

  Yes, everything is working fine now, thank you.  (Sorry about the
distraction over the handle leak, to create the testcase I had to sift through
1.6G of strace output to try and find the sequence of syscalls that triggered
the problem and I guess I overlooked that aspect of it!)

    cheers,
      DaveK