Executing bash script in cygwin to test correctness ?

Can I use cygwin to test whether a bash script is correct and therefore whether it will function on the eventual real target "unix" production platform ?
E.g. (see below),  I've got a configuration file and a shell script (that's referencing the configuration file).
Will I be able to execute the xyz.sh script in cygwin on WinXP without having to change the filepath of the X_DIR variable ?
That is will I be able to use cygwin on winxp to fully test the script so that I'm sure it will run without any problems on the eventual real target unix platform ?

Thanks
EDH

myconf.conf file:
X_DIR=/export/opt/SUNWappserver8/domains/x-batchv
X_LOG=$X_DIR/logs/x/batchflows/batchscripts.log

xyz.sh file:
#!/bin/bash
CONFIG_FILE=`dirname $0`/myconf.conf
. $CONFIG_FILE

function add_log_entry
{
        if [ ! -d "`dirname $X_LOG`" ]
        then
                echo "`dirname $X_LOG` does not exist, it will be created"
                mkdir -p "`dirname $X_LOG`"
        fi

        pre="`date` :"
        echo "$pre $1" >> $X_LOG