Re: Windows 7 file permissions and ls -l

I see this problem too. I believe something wrong is with cygwin1.dll.
I'm not sure about your case, but in my case these are all files
created by regular Windows (non-cygwin) programs. The owner does not
get any special rights in my version of Windows 7! Instead the
pseudo-group "Authenticated User" gets all the rights.

Very annoying: if the cygwin program just tries to do the operation it
succeeds, but if the program calls stat and checks the permissions it
believes it has no rights at all and refuses to work.

Easy to fix from outside of cygwin (without admin rights), but I've
found no way to do this from inside of cygwin if you have no
administrator access :-(