Re: ProcPS tools (top) and cygwin env

On 5/10/2010 10:58 AM, Dave Korn wrote:
>   It looks like Digika is trying to make top run standalone by unpacking the
> archive manually and adding a copy of the cygwin1 and cygncurses-8 DLLs.  It's
> unsurprising that it won't work without the other required parts of the cygwin
> installation around it.  A simple "strings /usr/bin/cygncurses-8.dll | grep
> terminfo" shows that it expects to be able to locate the /usr/share/terminfo
> subdirectory.

Don't forget also that as of 1.7.0-50 (or thereabouts), by default
separate installations of cygwin1.dll know nothing about other
cygwin1.dll installations (the global name of the cygwin ahared memory
region is now created using a hash of the cygwin1.dll's installation path).

So, even if you got this version of 'top' working with its individual
cygwin1.dll, it won't be able to tell you what programs are running
which use a different cygwin1.dll.

There is a mechanism for changing this behavior back to the 1.5.x
default, but I forget what it was. Search the archives.

--
Chuck