Re: ProcPS tools (top) and cygwin env

Digika wrote:

> Can  someone explain me why "top" from ProcPs package ... do not want to
> work?  I  gave  him all depends (cygncurses-8.dll and cygwin1.dll) but
> everything I'm getting from it is an error:
>
> C:\Programs\gnutools\procps\usr\bin>top
> 'cygwin': unknown terminal type.

Do you have terminfo installed?

Ncurses has terminfo as dependency, indirect through libncurses10.
Perhaps your installation is incomplete.

Check the program itself: 'cygcheck `which top`'.

> Why  is  that so? is there any way to make standalone version of "top"
> which is independent from cygwin terminal? I want to use it via telnet
> on a remote win32 machine.

There are easier ways, depending on the terminal you are using you could
just define TERM, i.e. export TERM=rxvt or vt100 or something else.
--
Renà Berber