Re: 1.7: hostname resolution works for Windows programs, but not Cygwin programs

Brolin Empey wrote:
Hostname resolution has started working for Cygwin programs on
optiplex960 since the last time I tried, even though the Windows
(non-Cygwin) version of nslookup returns NXDOMAIN for the same hostname.
Strange, but at least it works. So now only howard + brolin-V13 need to
be fixed.

I should have described the symptoms of the hostname resolution failure instead of only saying it does not work. (fail)

Anyway, here is what happens when I try to ssh from Cygwin on brolin-V13 to cannon, which is an Ubuntu PC on the LAN:

[brolin@brolin-V13] [0] [1] ~/
$ ssh -X cannon
ssh: Could not resolve hostname cannon: hostname nor servname provided, or not known
[brolin@brolin-V13] [255] [2] ~/
$

Any ideas?