Re: V1.7 can not use cursor or backspace within a shell

Matthias Meyer:
>> I'm stumped. I think 'cygcheck -svr' output is needed to
>> get any further. Please attach, not include it, and make sure you
>> delete any sensitive info from it first.
>
> see attachment :-)

You've got Cygwin installed under 'C:/Program Files', which I suspect
is likely to cause trouble due to the space. (That directory appears
as the spaceless 'Programme' on a German system, but its real name is
'Program Files'.) It certainly shouldn't be missing awk, tar or test.
You also still have Cygwin 1.7.1, whereas 1.7.5 is current.

> ... and it say: "Warning: There are multiple cygwin1.dlls on your path"
> => How to find and/or configure the path?

It's there in the cygcheck output. The Windows-wide PATH can be
configured under Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment
Variables (or thereabouts).

> I've removed this items. I will install cygwin again if necessary.

Yep, a clean install into a directory without a space in the name
would seem the best way forward.

Andy