Re: "Error opening terminal: cygwin." when attempting to start lynx

On 5/5/2010 4:28 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Ken Brown!

Surprized... It show nothing, although the setup.exe states that lynx 2.8.5-4
is installed.
And only lynx that could be installed is a Cygwin one, i'm not using any other
unix tools packages.
I think it's the time to reinstall it all... yet again...
I just did it when 1.7 came out, but seems it wasn't enough.

Since you're having problems, wouldn't it make sense to do a standard
installation in C:/cygwin?

It is installed in C:\Programs\Cygwin, which in turn located on the different partition.

I'm trying to guess what you did, based on your cygcheck output and the path you showed in an earlier post. It looks like you installed cygwin in C:\Programs\Cygwin, then copied C:\Programs\Cygwin\bin into C:\bin, and then put the latter at the beginning of your path. Is that correct? If so, I'm not surprised that cygwin programs aren't working as you expect and that cygcheck can't find your installed packages.

Ken

P.S. Please reply only to the list, not to both me and the list.