Re: Resizing a terminal window

J. David Boyd wrote:
> I'm using Cygwin to provide my own X server, and using Xterms locally,
> and to connect to remote servers.
>
> Locally, I can use the mouse to resize a window, and the $COLUMNS and
> $LINES variables are automatically filled in.
>
> On many remote xterm sessions, they aren't.
>
> Does anyone have any idea where to start figuring out what is wrong, and
> what I can do to correct it?
>
> My quick work-around is to resize the window, then call "eval `resize`",
> but I would like it to be automatic.

Any particular reason to think that this is an issue with Cygwin
rather than your remote systems?

Resizing is working fine here when connected to a Debian box either
via ssh or telnet running in a local xterm. If you're running xterm on
the remote system with only its display forwarded to your Cygwin/X
server, then Cygwin doesn't have anything to do with the terminal
resize notifications.

Andy