Re: Emacs scroll bar under Cygwin

On 5/3/2010 3:06 PM, Steven Collins wrote:
Is there a way to change the scrollbar
behavior in Emacs on Cygwin? On a Linux
system the Emacs scroll bar works as one
would expect in that you can select the
scroll bar with the left mouse button and
drag it up and down to move the position in
the buffer that displays in the frame. This
is also the case for the native Windows
version of Emacs. Under Cygwin however the
scrollbar behaves totally different, with a
left click scrolling the buffer forward and
a right click scrolling the buffer back.
This difference is very annoying as I move
between environments.

The scrollbar behavior depends on which X toolkit is used in building emacs. I'm switching to GTK+ for the forthcoming release of emacs 23.2 (due to be released in a week or so). The scrollbars in that release will be more like what you expect.

Ken Brown
Cygwin's emacs maintainer