Re: (nwl) Re: Installation problems - post install scripts all give "abnormal exit: exit code=128"

Crow, Frank wrote:
> But let's say that BLODA is the problem... and I'm not allowed to remove the offending software.   Can I do something like install Cygwin on a different machine and then copy over the entire C:\Cygwin?   I'm betting not, but I'm asking just in case.

Yes, even though it's not supported, you could copy an installation from
one system to another, but you'll most likely run into failures as soon
as you try to do much of anything with the installation.  BLODA usually
interferes with the general operation of Cygwin applications, not just
setup.exe.

If Cygwin addresses a business need, perhaps you'll be able to argue for
an exemption from the BLODA on a handful of systems.  Good luck!

-Jeremy