Re: Python 2.6 ?

On 2010-04-27 17:01, Jason Tishler wrote:
I'm ready to release python-2.6.5-1 as experimental.  How long should
the module maintainers be given to transition their modules to Python
2.6?  Is 3 months reasonable?  I would like to add the transition date
to my release announcement.

One one hand, we do need to give maintainers with Python-dependent packages enough time to rebuilt. OTOH those who update their packages frequently might not switch until later to avoid maintaining experimental packages over time, or others might just push it off until they're forced to rebuild.

I would say one month max -- say May 31, and anything after that may be considered unmaintained if the maintainer refuses to respond.

Yaakov