Re: rsync: rename .file.JVPk8f -> file: Device or resource busy (16)

On Apr 16 12:33, Fr?d?ric Bron wrote:
> > Ok, so you're admin. ?I assume that `id' lists the administrators
> > group in your supplementary group list?
>
> true
>
> > Not really. ?So, with the above permissions, rsync fails but mv works,
> > right? ?What's important when using mv is to mv the file within the
> > same filesystem. ?Rsync does not fail to copy the file to the USB
> > stick. ?It fails when trying to rename the copied file on the USB stick
> > from its temporary name (.file.foo) to the desired target name. ?This
> > renaming is what we have to check for. ?So, what das mv say when you
> > try to just rename the file? ?What if you cp the file to the USB stick
> > and then try to mv it to another name there?
> works perfectly fine.
>
> > Can you please create an strace rsyncing just this single file with
> > the failing permissions?
>
> Log file is attached.
> In fact I saw that even with full control to my-self on local hard
> drive it fails sometimes so this was a bad idea.
>
> > And please add the output of `cacls the_file'.  It's more exact to
> > show the ACL than the GUI.
> G:\Sauvegarde\Documents\Fred\bin\.pdfbook.exe.w6rU9f Tout le monde:F
>
> "Tout le monde" in French means Everyone en English!

I actually meant the output of cacls for the file on your local disk :)

Anyway, the strace output shows that a sharing violation occurs.  There's
another process accessing the file, and that other process opened the
file with one of the sharing flags, probably FILE_SHARE_DELETE, not set.

I assume that's your virus scanner.  In theory I would shrug that away
as a BLODA problem, but I have one or two ideas how to fix this problem.
It might help in a couple of cases where BLODAs are involved.

May I send you a link to a test Cygwin DLL via PM?

Corinna

Red Hat