Re: 1.7.3: Backspace key not working in GNU screen.

> From:?"Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com>
> To:?cygwin@cygwin.com
> Date:?Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:41:25 -0400
> Subject:?Re: 1.7.3: Backspace key not working in GNU screen.
> On 4/8/2010 4:07 PM, Al G. wrote:
>>
>> This started happening around March 23, no problems with screen before
>> then. Since then using GNU screen (4.00.03) and trying to backspace by
>> hitting the backspace key results in nothing happening. The cursor
>> doesn't move, the character isn't erased and the command remains the
>> same (if you hit Enter whatever your typo was gets the usual error).
>> However, pressing CTRL-H does do a backspace correctly. Could this be
>> related to the termcap changes from [^H] to [^?]? I have searched the
>> forums and googled around; ?found a few hits, that didn't work, and no
>> solutions.
>
> I just tried screen with 1.7.4 and what you described worked fine.
> But I noticed your installation is incomplete and you're still running
> 1.7.1. ?Please download a new 'setup.exe' from cygwin.com and try
> reinstalling all of your packages. ?This should solve that problem
> at least.

I deleted my entire Cygwin installation, got setup.exe from cygwin.com
and reinstalled. No change, when I launch screen everything works
except for the backspace key. Pressing Ctrl-H causes a backspace.
Outside of screen things are fine.

-Al

att: new cygcheck output