Re: Setup 2.693 unable to replace files through reboot

Dave Korn wrote:

> On 06/04/2010 17:23, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> 4. launch setup.exe (version 2.693)
>
>   As administrator, or as ordinary user?
>
>> What's up? Can I help to debug this?
>
>   Take a look in /var/log/{setup.log,setup.log.full}; there should be error
> messages if it failed to schedule the replace on reboot that might give us a clue.

I did have the exact same problem described by Matthias, Windows XP,
user is in administrators group.

The setup.log showed no error, just that the file (cygwin1.dll) was
scheduled for replacement.  Sorry, don't have setup.log.full since after
rebooting and checking that the file was not replaced I stopped the
service that was blocking the replacement and reinstalled (didn't know
that setup.exe overwrites that log).
--
René Berber